I had a MM Pulmonary Perfusion w/ Vent Aerosol conducted.
Ventilation: Mildly inhomogenous distribution of radiopharmaceutical throughout both lungs on initial hold and equilibrium phase images.
Perfusion: There is homogeneous distribution . . . throughout both lungs on perfusion images. No mismatched perfusion defects to suggest pulmonary embolus.
Does the Ventilation finding suggest anything abnormal?
My blood ALT 44 high, Hemoglobin 16.5 high, Hematocrit 48.5 high, MCH 33.3 high
The findings are a normal findings in COPD
Hello and welcome in HCM
I can understand your concern
I evaluated carefully all the examinations you have attached.The first important think that should be emphasized is the fact that the pulmonary embolism is excluded according to the results.
The chest x-ray findings does not suggest anything special and important too.
The mild hypoventilation that is found is usually a normal finding in COPD patients.It is a sign which means that your small airways are obstructed and especially those in peripheral of the lung tissue.You don't have nothing else to do but to continue the current treatment you have already taking.Or probably if I were yoor doctor I might changed the inhalers with Seretide inhaler twice but please discuss with your treating doctor for this
Please don't worry so much These findings are not dangerous.
I hope to have been helpful and feel free to ask me again.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Are pulmonary function tests advisable for diagnosing COPD?
- Suggest natural remedies for insomnia
- Suggest treatment for COPD in an elderly person
- Suggest treatment for pain in the ribs
- What causes cold while on Dextromethorphan?
- What causes constant pain in the ribs after injury?
- Suggest treatment for fungal infection in the lungs
- Suggest treatment for dry cough and pain in the ribs
- What causes fever and crackling sound in the cough?
- What causes frequent urination along with zits on the chest and face?