I had Bypass surgery on July 2017. The suture area
It is post sternotomy syndrome
This is Dr Sameer, cardiologist.
It is very sad to hear that you went through a lot of things but will praise you that you still are holding things fine by yourself. May the lord always be with you.
During sternotomy for CABG, the chest is cut opened and something along with it some nerves also get cut which causes such excruciating pin pricking pain and is called medically as post sternotomy pain syndrome.
Any surgical incision heals with collagen. If it gets too much than it forms keloid (a elevated scar tissue) which is also a cause of pain post CABG.
This topic has been researched and the treatment for it only multivitamins and pain killers. As you are already applying lignocaine (xylocaine) over it, I'll advise you to start with some oral pain killers as per your doctor.
It being red in your case can be a acute inflammation so please ask your doctor about some antiinflammatory drugs too.
I also would like to know why are you not taking aspirin.
I hope this will help you.
Thanks and regards
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Is Xarelto advisable before knee surgery?
- What causes increased heart rate and headaches?
- What causes headache, dizziness and chest discomfort while having...
- What causes sudden drop in heart rate while on Bystolic?
- What causes pain in the right side of the chest?
- What does the following TMT report indicate?
- Suggest treatment for chest pain
- What do recurrent episodes of dizziness and headaches indicate?
- What does this ultrasound report indicate?
- Suggest treatment for mild chest pain when diagnosed with AFib