question-icon

I got this spot on my forearm about a month

Posted on Sat, 16 Feb 2019
Question: I got this spot on my forearm about a month ago. it is reddish and sometimes itchy. what is it?
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. (53 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
Possibility of dermatofibroma

Detailed Answer:
Hello and welcome to ask a doctor service. I have viewed the image and gone through your query and here is my advice.

I can see a pink/red, raised nodule in this image. I will keep a possibility of a Dermatofibroma which is a benign tumor composed of proliferating fibroblasts. It is believed to be a reaction to minor injury like insect bite or prick. A dermatofibroma is firm and is tethered to the skin. A skin lesion clovelly typical of a dermatofibroma can be left alone as it is harmless.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if you need any more assistance
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Dr. Kakkar S.

Dermatologist