I got off the toilet the other day and Felt

Question
I got off the toilet the other day and
Felt like I blew out my back. I have a bad L4 n L5 so I know how a bad back feels but it has gotten worse and now it is painful to touch. It seems to be in the area where u get an epaidermal shot.
It’s not bruised or swollen. I’m trying icing it as I have tried Moist heat which did nothing. I’m also thinking my kidney. This pain is different now than my regular back pain
Sun, 4 Feb 2018 in Back Pain

Answered by Dr. Saddiq Ulabidin 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Will need Xray hip joint and lumbar spine

Detailed Answer:
Hi! Welcome to Healthcaremagic. Thanks for sharing your concerns with us. We will try to help you in best way possible. First of all it's sad to know what you had been going through lately.

Based on the history you have shared, it can be a pulled muscle but possiblity of compression of sciatic nerve does exist. The compression can be at lumbar spine level at it's origin due to collapse of vertebrae or at local level.

Possibility of spontaneous fracture of some part of hip bone due to osteoporosis can be a possibility however Xrays of both hip bone and lumbar spine should be sought and worked up for.

A baseline work up for serum calcium, D3, Alkaline phosphatase and phosphate levels also need to be looked at. Replacement of these micronutrients can be started specially calcium and vitamin D3 alongwith bisphonates. Analgesics like acetaminophen alongwith neproxen can be of help. Nerve pain suppressants like gabapentin can help with severe pain.

Wishing you a speedy recovery. Hope this has answered your query. If you have any more questions please feel free to ask. Regards