question-icon

I got hit in head yesterday and have a small

Posted on Wed, 13 Feb 2019
Question: I got hit in head yesterday and have a small bump.....I don’t have a headache or anything but when I lean over to say tie my shoe I feel pressure in the bump....is this concerning?
Answered by Dr. Prasad (35 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
Not likely...

Detailed Answer:

I assume it's over 24 hours since the injury. You did not report symptoms that are considered serious after the injury such as headache, vomiting, loss of consciousness or a seizure. All that you have now is a sensation on the bump only when you bend over.

Based on these factors, I don't feel there is anything to be seriously concerned about. You may experience the pressure sensation (over the bump) for a day or two. Icing it and using over the counter antiinflammatory agent (like advil) will fasten recovery.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you need clarifications.

Dr. Prasad