question-icon

I found out recently that my daughter had an MRI

Posted on Wed, 27 Mar 2019
Question: I found out recently that my daughter had an MRI after a fall in 2016 that she has "at least partial agensis of the corpus callosum". Apparently the hospital told her of this finding, but not me (she is now 34 years old). She is schizphrenic and on a haldol shot, which has handled the psychosis almost like a miracle.

What kind of doctor should she see to diagnose the agensis of the corpus callosum?
Answered by Dr. Seikhoo Bishnoi (3 hours later)
Brief Answer:
She should be examined by a neurologist

Detailed Answer:
Hello thanks for using ask a doctor service

I can understand your problem. She has schizophrenia and this should be treated by a psychiatrist. Partial agenesis is found in her MRI but if she has no problems in motor system then there is no need to get worried.

You should take opinion of a neurologist and get her Neurological examination done. This will help in ruling out any motor related issue.

Thanks

Please let me know if you have more doubts
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Dr. Seikhoo Bishnoi

Psychiatrist