I found a hard small lump on the side of

Dr. Esmeralda Sera

Oncologist

Posted on Wed, 9 Jan 2019 in Cancer
Question: I found a hard small lump on the side of my wrist that hurts when I touch. The wrist is a little swollen, and red. Ive been getting chemo since Nove. 13, 2018, I have it every three weeks, I have one more treatment. The last infusion I got, I was poked because my veins are small. A day after my treatment, I noticed a small tin bump, I kept on touching it, and now it hurts. I also banged it a few times. Can that be the cause of the intervenious for the chemo, the day prior I had another intervenious for a ct scan with contrast, which was very uncomfortable.
Answered by Dr. Esmeralda Sera 32 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Small lump

Detailed Answer:
Hello and thank you for asking

In my opinion you should not worry,this can be cause of the intervenious chemotherapy and it will be fine after few days

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Follow up: Dr. Esmeralda Sera 29 hours later
I forgot to tell you that I am being treating for lung cancer. My last ct scan with contrast was on December, 3, 2018. Everything was good. I had the pelvic and abdomen and chest. Lungs were good, kidneys, pancreas, etc. were all unremarkable. My bloodworm was excellent, that my oncologist was ecstatic. When I had my chemo n Dec. 4th, the nurse had problems with getting the IV in my veins, she was tapping on it, and also put a hot compressor on my hand where she was putting in the IV. She poked and poked so she had to use the other hand to put the IV in. A week and a half I felt small little bumps moving on top of my hand and near my wrist. I kept on feeling them and touching them. I also banged it a few times. Then I noticed a bump on the side of the wrist, can that be the cause from the IV. Could it be flambitis. I went on line and I saw that some bump/lumps can be a rare cancer called myeloma, which now is freaking me out. It said it happens to who has lung cancer. I ham being treated for lung cancer. My scan showed no metastasis . I am going to see an orthopedic, do you thing I should talk to my oncologist. Please give me some positive news, because I am a nervous, and today is my birthday and we are going to celebrate it tonight with my identical twins sister. I keep on thinking of the worse.
Follow up: Dr. Esmeralda Sera 2 minutes later
Asked by Me , 0 minutes ago
Answered by Dr. Esmeralda Sera 5 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Lumps

Detailed Answer:
In my opinion you have nothing to worry about since all your exams are clear.

I think that is not problematic
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad