I felt a bug on my left side neck. There
Delusional sensations to consider.
Hello and welcome to "Ask a Doctor" service.
I have read your query and here is my advice.
In my opinion, a form of delusional parasitosis, or formication, should be considered in your case.
It is a symptom that may be related to underlying conditions such as peripheral neuropathy, medications adverse effects, shingles, etc.
So, an evaluation by your Neurologist is necessary to get a more correct understanding of your condition.
Treatment depends on the cause. For example, correct treatment of peripheral neuropathy and its cause should improve these delusional sensations too.
Hope you found the answer helpful.
Let me know if I can assist you further.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes tingling and pins and needle sensation on the left side of...
- What causes numbness in feet and ankles?
- What causes mouth spots and pit in forehead?
- What causes tingling feeling in shoulder?
- Suggest treatment for panic attacks, non functional rectum and memory loss
- What causes numbness in the right side of foot and leg?
- What causes burning sensation and tingling in hands and feet?
- What does my CT scan suggest?
- What causes shortness of breath in a patient with fibromyalgia?
- What causes severe muscle twitches at night in shoulders and arms?