Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
180 Doctors are Online

I fell down and cracked my rib. Feeling soreness and enlarged stomach. Any suggestion?

Jan 2013
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Internal Medicine Specialist
Practicing since : 2003
Answered : 1658 Questions
I fell and cracked my rib. I feel okay except for soreness on my left side, but my stomach has enlarged and I feel like I am 4 months pregnant (which is not the case) I did go to emerg (I did not wait for an xray) but the triage nurse said I had good blood pressure, temp and heart rate.
Posted Sat, 6 Oct 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Mayank Bhargava 47 minutes later
Thanks for posting your query.
You should go for x XXXXXXX abdomen and ultrasound imaging on urgent basis.
Do you have painful bruise at swelling site?
Do you have abdominal problems such as abdominal bloating/ abdominal heaviness/ fever/ vomiting/ yeloow discoloration of eyes?
You may have localized hematoma or muscle injury.
This can be detected by ultrasound imaging.
You should consult with physician/ surgeon and should go for thorough check up.
If superficial injury is present, then it is not a major issue.
Collected blood or minor muscle injury may resolve with time.
If major injury is present then surgical correction may be needed.
You can take muscle relaxants with pain killers.
Put your query if you have.
Best regards,
Dr. Mayank Bhargava

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Orthopaedic Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor