I feel like I have to pee almost all the

Dr. Mahboob Ur Rahman

Posted on Wed, 6 Feb 2019 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: I feel like I have to pee almost all the time. Sometimes only a little pee comes out. Seems to be affecting erection frequency and duration. I lift a lot of weights and wasn't sure if that is robbing my testosterone. I am 39 years old. Any suggestions?
Answered by Dr. Mahboob Ur Rahman 41 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Please see detailed answer below.

Detailed Answer:
Hi and Welcome to Ask a Doctor service. I have read your question and here is my advice.
Excessive need to urinate may have few causes as below.
1. If it's not for long time, it may be an infection. Urinary tract infection are common and may causes urgency and frequency. May Aslo be associated with fever and burning urination.
2. Enlarged prostate is another reason in male of urgency and frequency.
3.Other causes include, stricture in the tract, or stones, or certain drugs, high calsium or sugar.
So I suggest you should get a urine analysis (to see for infection) and sugar, calsium, and an ultrasound scan for prostate size, or stones etc. I hope it would be sorted out. In case if didn't find, we may need to ask a Uralogist to see you for more complicated tests but hopefully won't be needed.

Heavy lifting is unlikely to compromise testosterone. If you have problems with your sexual health, you may better see your doctor, or sexalogist. It's not very uncommon and many people suffer from it.. He may need to test hormones level if needed but most of the times not needed. Stress, drugs, and anxiety are more common causes. However it needs proper evaluations.

Hope I have answered your query. Please feel free to ask if you have any further questions or concerns. I will be glad to answer your questions.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad