I drink a fair amount of alcohol every day. Can
welcome to the 'Ask a Doctor' service.
Desvenlafaxine and alcohol share some common side effects like dizziness, drowsiness, etc. When taken together these side effects may become more evident. The same applies for many other drugs that may cause central nervous system depression in their combination with alcohol (or other drugs that have similar side effects).
I hope I've answered your question. Please let me know if you need further assistance.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for splenic cyst
- What causes dry throat?
- What causes itching in breast?
- What causes chest pain and heart burn?
- Suggest treatment for pain in heels
- Can i take Paxil along with Clonidine?
- Suggest ways to manage diabetes
- Does taking Plaquinel for lupus affect the memory?
- What does an enlarged lymph node on neck indicate?
- Is infection possible by touching a dead bird despite using a disinfectant?