I did a psychoses 3 years ago i have been
Lower dosage gradually in three weeks.
Hello dear, welcome to Ask a doctor service.
I read your query and here is my advice.
Aripipazole is an atypical antipsychotic drug.
You should lower the dosage gradually in order to tapper off the symptoms since you have been using it for long time ( 3 years).
If aripiprazole is stopped suddenly, it can cause some unpleasant withdrawal symptoms like headache, feeling sick and sleep problems.
I can suggest you to lower the dosage over three weeks lowering it gradually.
First week you can use a dosage of 10mg continuing the next week with 5mg and the other week 2.5 mg.
Hope I have answered the question.
Let me know if I can assist you further.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes black outs. I was standing by a door
- Hello, I've been a pack a day smoker for 42
- I received some insect (ant, chigger?) about two weeks ago.
- it seems everytime I try to swallow pork meat my
- My wife has been taken entecavir for 30 days as
- I was recently hospitalized for 6 weeks after overdosing on
- I am in major pain under my right breast/ rib
- Hey doctor, I just had a question I have been
- What could a persistent cough be from along with some
- I began weaning off 50mg of sertraline 3 weeks ago.