I developed a sprain in my left outer thigh when

Dr. Praveen Tayal

Orthopaedic Surgeon

Posted on Tue, 15 Jan 2019 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: I developed a sprain in my left outer thigh when I woke up ,I did not understand what caused it,I did not get hurt but had this sprain.the pain continued to grow and it became so severe that I could not sleep after two days.there is a point on the left outside upon touching it feels very stiff and painful.all I remember is 2-3 days back I stretched my left knee and it hurt for a day and got fine,other than that nothing happened that should have the cause of my thigh pain!I took tolpazen for a day and it got much better,I also got an x ray done which was normal,do I need to worry or do any test?I still have pain twisting my body lying down or when I have to sit in the car or drive,while walking or standing its fine?
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
May be muscle sprain.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for posting your query.I have gone through your query and understand your health concern in detail,it may be muscle sprain or some heamatoma that is causing pain.You can continue with tolpazen and do hot fomentation and applied compression bandage to affected area for five days you will get relief.

I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal
Regards.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.