I developed a Bursa Sac on my elbow 2 weeks
Probably bursitis, next steps are explained below in details.
Hello dear and welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.
I already reviewed the attached report.
Your symptoms seem to be related to bursitis.
I would recommend to do an ultrasound to confirm the diagnosis.
I would also recommend to do a blood test to check for an infection.
If we suspect an infection of the bursa sac an aspiration should be done.
The aspiration consists in taking fluid from the swollen bursa and evaluate it under a microscope, to rule out gout or infection.
If the infection is present I recommend taking a cycle of antibiotics such as Augmentin 625 mg twice a day.
You should consult your doctor about this treatment.
Meanwhile, you can use anti-inflammatory medications such as Naproxen to relieve the swelling.
Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What is the cause of excessive sweating resulting in the feeling of been...
- What can cause itching and welts on the upper abdomen?
- How to treat itching of the skin with small scabs on hands and arms?
- What type of exercises are advisable for a patient with high blood...
- What causes severe pelvic pain after engaging in sexual intercourse?
- Can Simvastatin cause side-effects after being on it for 4 years?
- What do abdominal pain with difficulty urinating indicate?
- Does mold causes heart palpitation and hot flashes?
- Can Ketamine help treat chronic depression in an elderly person?
- How can itchy rashes on the stomach be treated despite using Lotrix lotion?