I burned the tip of my tongue about a month

Dr. Shinas Hussain

Posted on Tue, 25 Dec 2018 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Question: I burned the tip of my tongue about a month ago.it blisteredand within a couple days was forming layers.they kind of flower out making it feel even larger. I have bit a chunck or two off and it just keeps growing back. At this point eating is very difficult and drinking not much better.everything that touches the tip of my tongue feels like razor blades
Answered by Dr. Shinas Hussain 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Use metronidazole mouth paste.

Detailed Answer:
Tongue is highly vascular and thus burnt tongue will heal well.
You can rinse it with water and apply icepacks for symptomatic relief. You can also apply metronidazole mouth paste as there is debris and signs of infection.
As of now you can use analgesics/anti inflammatory combination like aceclofenac/seratiopeptdase for pain relief.
Wishing all the best
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj