I believe I m fine and so does my ENT
I believe I am correct that IF the one gland was cancer albeit unlikely that it would likely be non-hodskins or lyphomoma??? Secondly, if it were from another primary sight wouldn't I most likely have other symptoms???
You are not having lymphoma
I've checked the attached reports...
Its right that you are going for biopsy from the swelling in your submandibular lymph gland.
But since you do not have symptoms like weight loss, fever, anorexia, bleeding, cough or pain I do not think you are having cancer like lymphoma or any other types of cancer
The swelling could just be an infection which would go away after you treat it with a week course of antibiotic after your doctor's advice
Nothing to worry
Please answer and I follow up with 5 stars...thanks
PET CT scan
If it was secondary then cancer might have spread or metastasized from other primary sites.
As swelling is in submandibular region commonest site of the primary, if it was cancer, are lungs, throat, oesophagus, stomach, gall bladder, pancreas and colon.
But since you are not having any symptoms nothing to worry.
Still, you can do a PET CT scan to rule out cancer and find the sites of cancer if it at all was cancer
But for now, if the biopsy is negative then no need to worry
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- How can a continuous feeling of a lump in the throat of a singer be...
- I have a lot of throat phlegm which causes me
- My husband (age 76) has had lung cancer since 2011.
- Hi, I am having distressing symptoms. A tickly cough that
- My daughter has a hypoechoic vascular ovoid nodule in her
- 69/F. I have undergone right breast lumpectomy in 1991. Does
- I was just told I have Severe Degenerative Disc Disease
- Hi doctor I hope you are doing well , my
- Thank you. Our son was diagnosed with ktw at an
- After I eat I have bowel movements immediately. It seems