I believe I have had a sinus infection for the

Question
I believe I have had a sinus infection for the past week. Symptoms include stuffy + runny nose, mild head pressure and coughing spasms. I think I am slowly getting better, yet far from being well. Would seeing a doctor expedite my recovery or is a sinus infection viral. What's the normal timeline for this condition to typically run it's course? Today, I will start with XXXXXXX pot and colloidal silver nasal spray in addition to baths, warm teas, soups and immune support. Thanks for your expert input...
Sun, 11 Feb 2018 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems

Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James 33 minutes later
Brief Answer:
should continue to improve

Detailed Answer:
HI, thanks for using healthcare magic

In most cases, the infection is viral. If you are noting improvement, though it may be slight, it would mean that your symptoms are viral not bacterial infection- a bacterial infection would have unremitting symptoms.

Mucinex sinus contains a decongestant and mucolytic (medication to break up the mucus). You may want to add a cough suppressant such as plain robitussin (not any of the types with combinations).
A topical decongestant such as normal saline nasal spray or otrivine spray/drops, may help reduce the nasal symptoms.

You should continue the warm teas, XXXXXXX pot and nasal spray mentioned.

At this point, since slight improvement is noted, you can continue with home care.

I hope this helps, feel free to ask any other questions