I believe I have a bone spur in my heel.

Dr. Gopal Goel

Orthopaedic Surgeon

Posted on Wed, 26 Dec 2018 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: I believe I have a bone spur in my heel. I have been suffering with a radiating burning pain, especially in the morning which prevents me from walking without pain. the ankle bone is painful to touch.
Follow up: Dr. Gopal Goel 2 hours later
This joint is not the only joint. I am having problem with the knee and the hip.
Answered by Dr. Gopal Goel 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Could be plantar fasciitis.

Detailed Answer:
Hi I am Dr Gopal Goel ,Orthopedic Surgeon.
This condition ,is called plantar fasciitis and is a very common condition. There may or may not be a bony growth in the heel , can be confirmed by X Ray .
Normally I start pian killers and local heat therapy for 2-3 weeks and if there is no relief then local injection of steroids or PRP is required.
The pain in the hip or knee is not related to current problem. It will need proper examination for diagnosis.
Thanks for the question. Please feel free to ask any other question.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana
Follow up: Dr. Gopal Goel 19 hours later
I was fixed for an Arizona brace which has not helped this problem at all. Is their a possible misdiagnosis. How can I sleep at night without increasing my pain along the archilles tendon. What is PRP (?)
Answered by Dr. Gopal Goel 56 minutes later
Brief Answer:
pl see below

Detailed Answer:
Hi
I think you should get an X ray of the heels to look for bony spur.
Bony spur normally does not cause night pain. If you have pain at night also then probably diagnosis is to be reviewed . You need orthopedic consultation for this. Since pain along Achilles tendon at night could be due to spinal lesions also.
PRP is platelet rich plasma- derived from your own blood. The injection of PRP is better since it is much safer injection.
Thanks
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng