I began with the flu 3 wee ago, developed bronchitis
Parotid gland swelling
Thanks for the question.
The swelling that you are complaining about is parotid gland, one of the salivary glands that produces taste. There could be a possibility of lymph node swelling as well.
It is common find such things in general practice if one is suffering from long duration viral syndrome that the glands are swollen.
Hot fomentation every 4 hours, antibiotics, anti fever and anti inflammatory NSAIDs are all the usual choices during this time. Drink more fluids, rest and stay indoors during this hour.
Let me know if you have any specific questions for me.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Can Humalog be substituted for Novolin R insulin?
- I am having severe gas and bloating of stomach please
- cancephalexin or erythromycin be used to treat shingles ivehad shingles
- Male patient, age 31yr, H/o Cataract surgery of left eye
- I began with the flu 3 wee ago, developed bronchitis
- im not sure what is on my leg. it is
- My wife went to Urgent Care last Sunday night. Diagnosis
- so i got my test results back for std test
- Hello Doctor, My wife is fifth month pregnant by IVF.
- How many years one can take Tadalafil tablets? Does it