Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

187 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

I ask this doubt regarding a burning and heat feeling

Answered by
Dr. Aarti Abraham


Practicing since :1998

Answered : 6011 Questions

Posted on Tue, 27 Mar 2018 in Women's Health
Question: I ask this doubt regarding a burning and heat feeling in the thighs or just above the vagina of my wife. She is 51 and under menopause from last 6 months.Usually all her periods were normal and healthy person and this feeling of heat especially in night makes her so distress and in some nights it is so high that the effect of an air conditioner is required to get sleep or a wet cloth rounded around the thighs to get cool feeling.
This is started from a month ago after a sexual intercourse with me and she felt some pain in the thighs and buttocks when i pressed the fleshy areas around vagina and buttocks. She says all the distress is due to that pressing of fleshy areas of vagina and thighs. Next day, during a travel in car, there was sudden jump when the car passed a hump in speed and she was back seat was suddenly jumped up from back seat .
First met a gynecologist and she advised for Urine test and urinary infection was detected and now cured. But heat feeling continued and then gynecologist advised for ESTRO-G 100 TABLETS 2 EACH PER DAY. Then we met a Urologist and he found nothing wrong. Then, we consulted with an orthopedic surgeon who took an X-RAY found no problem and advised to consult with a neurologist and he advised some tablets like, Preplus, Dulotin, ,Tapfree 50 mg, Lupirtine SR 400mg, and Progaba gel and during the intake of medicine all well. But when stopped , the heat feeling continues now but the pain is over.
What is the reason for this type of burning sensation just above vagina and inner thighs? Is it hormone problem or any other illness? Kindly post your reply to my mail id . YYYY@YYYY
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
As below

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for trusting us with your health concern.
Is your wife menopausal?
Has she had such issues before?
This is not due to sexual activity.
It is a condition called vulvodynia.
This is characterized by persistent burning sensation in the private parts.
The medications prescribed by your neurologist are perfect and please continue with those.
Get a skin biopsy of the area done to rule out any other issues.
In which city do you reside?
Looking forward to hearing from you.
Take care
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana
Follow up: Dr. Aarti Abraham 49 minutes later
Dear Dr.
Thank you for your reply.
I will answer your queries as given below:

1. The menses was stopped before 6 months and so now it seems under menopause. The FSH is 51.
2. No such burning or hot feeling before.
3. We live in XXXXXXX District of XXXXXXX

Is there any need to take ESTRAGEN HORMON Tablet which is ESTRO G-100 2 times a day as prescribed by GYNECOLOGIST.?

Is there any need to take Thyronorm 12.5 mg ,one per day as prescribed by Gynecology.

3. Is the heat due to any fungal infections ? since she had Urinary infection due E-Coli bacteria?

4. When the medicines prescribed by neurologist, she feels drowsiness. Is it normal?
5. Also, she has gas problem in stomach and constipation. Earlier , she had surgery for Piles in 2012.

Please answer the above , doctor.

Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 21 hours later
Brief Answer:
As below

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for the update.

1.There is no need to take the estrogen tablets , as they are not making a difference to symptoms.
2. Thyronorm should be taken only if thyroid hormone levels are disturbed.
3. I do not suspect an infection since there is no itching, foul smelling discharge, redness etc.
4. Yes, drowsiness is very normal to feel with the neurological medications.
5. Gas problems and constipation are unrelated to this, and should be treated by a gastroenterologist.
I have reviewed the doctors prescription and it is fine.
Take care.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on