I am73 year old women I have been using contrive

Cardiologist
Question
I am73 year old women I have been using contrive fo about thee months. I went to the dr and my heart beat was 122 and it has stayed there for the last three days . The dr gave me cartia diltiazem 120mg and it didn't go down. I called today and now I will take two tomorrow in the am. Should I quit taking the contrive.
Fri, 2 Feb 2018 in Hypertension and Heart Disease

Answered by Dr. Ilir Sharka 26 minutes later
Brief Answer:
I would explain as follows:

Detailed Answer:
Hello!

Welcome and thank you for asking on HCM!

Regarding your concern, I would explain that tachycardia is a known adverse effect of contrave.

For this reason it would be rational to stop taking this drug.

Irecommend discussing with your prescribing doctor on this issue. It may be necessary to stop it gradually, in order to avoid withdrawal symptoms.

Hope you will find this answer helpful!

Kind regards,

Dr. Iliri