I am wondering if I have a blood clot. I

Dr. Olgeta Xhufka

Posted on Wed, 16 Jan 2019 in Veins and Arteries
Question: I am wondering if I have a blood clot. I am 6 months postpartum i carry ny baby on my left side. My right leg has been sore around my calf and my upper thigh. It comes and goes. There is a small bruise on my calf but above it feels tender. There is no redness. I am wondering if this is from my back from holding the baby. Ive had more lower back pain recently. I went to the er a few months ago for my other leg and everything was fine. I feel like I'm being overly anxious but would like some advice.
Answered by Dr. Olgeta Xhufka 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Varicose veins possible.

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear, welcome to Ask a doctor service.
I read your query and here is my advice.

I don't think you are having phlebitis (information of veins that also leads to clots) since your leg is not red and the pain is not constant but comes and goes. I think you may be having varicose veins that cause the pain in legs.
You should do a doppler ultrasound for leg veins. Consult an angiologyst. Probably you can use compression stocks.

The back pain you are having can come from carrying the baby giving more work and stress ti spine.
This can be solved only with physiotherapy and regular exercise to strengthen back mussels in order to support baby weight.

Hope I have answered the question.
Let me know if I can assist you further.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Remy Koshy
Follow up: Dr. Olgeta Xhufka 3 hours later
Would carrying a baby on one side cause the opposite side to be painful? My upper calf is tender when I push on it but still no redness.
Answered by Dr. Olgeta Xhufka 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
it comes due to muscle pain

Detailed Answer:
Hello again dear. I think it is just a muscle pain due to the wrong and obligated position you are having during carrying the baby. You should do physical therapy and exercises to reduce pain. Having rest and taking someone to help you is advisable .

Best regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj