Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
182 Doctors are Online

I am vitamin b12 deficient. MRI done. What does the report suggest?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2009
Answered : 4361 Questions
ok i have results from an mri i had done and it states :there is a small focus of diffusion abnormality in the anterior right thalamus consistent with acute ischemia. There is chrinic infarct in the left mesial temporal lobe extending into the left thalamus and cerebral peduncle and left occipital lobe. The left hippocampal formation is dimunitive in size most likely secondary to chronic cortical infarct in the right occipital lobe t2 signal abnormalities in the subcortical and XXXXXXX white matter of the fromtal parietal and occipital lobes are most suggestive of chronic past ischemic demyelination /small vessel disease. There is no evidence of intracranial hemmorage or significant mass effect. There is an approximately 1.3 cm homogeneously enhancing mass in the right posterior fossa consistent with a small meningioma. Flow void iss demonstrated within the major intracranial vessels ventricular size is concordant with the degree of atrophy/volume loss. the extracranial structures and crainiocervical junction are unremarkable in appearance. i also am vitamin b12 deficient
Posted Sun, 5 Aug 2012 in Vitamins
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 1 hour later

Thanks for the query

It looks like you are suffering from ischemic changes of the brain. Since it is in several areas I suggest you get a Doppler cv done.
You will need to be on blood thinners like ecosprin and clopilet along with atorvastatin. Be on regular follow ups with the neurologist. Since one of the infarct is in thalamus you might face some amount of giddiness which can be controlled with drugs like betahistadine.

I hope I have answered your query, I will be happy to answer any further ones

I wish you good health
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Internal Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor