I am taking metoprolol 25 mg x 2 and flecainide
I would explain as follows:
Welcome on -Ask a Doctor- service!
I understand your concern and would like to explain that the concomitant use of Flecainide and Azithromycin is associated with an increased risk of QTc prolongation on ECG.
This may lead to an increased risk of cardiac arrhythmia occurrence.
Coming to this point, though your actual daily Flecainide dose is low and this risk is quite low, it would be wise to check the QTc interval and your actual cardiac rhythm by performing a resting ECG.
If it results normal, then other causes should be sought to explain your unpleasant feeling of dizziness (control your blood pressure values, check an arterial blood gas analysis, blood electrolytes level, blood glucose level, etc.)
You need to discuss with your attending doctor on the above mentioned issues.
Hope to have been helpful to you!
In case of any further questions, feel free to ask me again.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What do the following stress tests, echo and holter monitor test result...
- Suggest alternative treatment for congestive heart failure
- Suggest treatment for hypertension and GERD
- Suggest treatment for high BP and tingling in arms
- What causes sharp pain in chest area relieved by burping?
- Suggest treatment for afib, severe sleep apnea and high heart rate?
- What causes shortness of breath with normal chest X-ray?
- What causes severe pain in my calf muscle in Tietze syndrome?
- What causes altered sense of smell when diagnosed with sinus tachycardia?
- Does page syndrome increase the risk of heart attack?