I am taking 25mg of Toprol morning and night and

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Mar 2017
Mar 2017

Cardiologist
Question
I am taking 25mg of Toprol morning and night and work out 4-5 times a week and my blood pressure still seems to be high, 155/105. I am a 51 yr old male in average shape? Should I change medicine or increase Toprol dosage.
Fri, 2 Feb 2018 in Hypertension and Heart Disease

Answered by Dr. Bhanu Partap 13 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Please refer to the detailed answer below

Detailed Answer:
Hello Sir,
I understand your concern,

After going through your medical details, I'd like to inform you that as you are already taking Toprol 25 mg twice daily, perhaps add a calcium channel blocker group of medicine like Amlodipine 5mg in the evening along with Toprol.

Also along with this, you need to cut down your dietary salt intake and also avoid taking too much of coffee or any other caffeine-containing drinks as it also increases the blood pressure.

I hope this information will answer your query, feel free to ask further.

Kind Regards
Dr Bhanu Partap