I am suffering from pain in left shoulder since 2
Need more info
Hello and welcome to Ask A Doctor,
I have gone through your query and can certainly understand your concern,
From the details you have provided, there are a few differentials suggestive of your symptoms,
But before I can guide you further, I would like to know a few related details:
- Do you have any similar pain over other joints like knee, elbow, small joints of the hands etc?
- Is the pain exactly located over the shoulder joint or does it radiate to any other location?
- Any recent episodes of fever, redness or tenderness over the affected area?
- Any history of rheumatoid arthritis?
- Any history of trauma?
- Any history of chronic illnesses like diabetes or hypertension?
- Kindly give the details of medication prescribed by your doctor.
Awaiting your reply,
Kindly revert back with the above details,
2. Pain radiates from middle of the left shoulder to the bone behind left ear
3.i have no history of arthritis, nor any illness like hypertension. No fever.
The doctor has given me tablet named acemyoset and defcort 24, which I used for 10 days. For the first 2 days, the pain vanished but from the third day, even though I am using the tablets, there is no result.
Thanks for writing back,
From the details you have given, your symptoms are suggestive of a few differentials:- since there is an elevated ESR and unilateral shoulder pain, this could either be an osteoarthritis or a rheumatoid arthritis or a case of cervical spondylosis.
I would suggest you to do a blood test for RA factor, and also to get an Xray and a bone scan if required.
Meanwhile you can follow some lifestyle changes:
- Avoid using a pillow while sleeping.
- Apply hot or cold fomentation daily.
- Take T.ZERODOL-P twice daily for 3-5 days and later as an when needed.
- Take T. Pregal M once daily for 15 days.
I hope this helps,
Please feel free to discuss further,
Thanks for writing back,
Sorry for the long delay in replying back,
Cure of the above condition is objective, but can be resolved to a maximum with intake of medications for some time. Complete cure requires equal effort of lifestyle modifications and medications.
Please do the above tests and take the medications and revert back with the report.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest remedies for severe cough
- How long does Amoxicillin take to show effect?
- What causes weakness and tingling sensation in the legs?
- Suggest treatment for severe abdominal bloating and discomfort
- What causes headache and excessive burping after skipping a meal?
- Suggest treatment for back pain
- What causes mild pain in the ankle while walking?
- Suggest treatment for symptoms of temporomandibular joint dysfunction
- Is pregnancy possible despite taking a contraceptive pill?
- What does this blood test report indicate?