I am suffering from loose stools since last 6 months.
Currently having the following problem
Loose stools some time watery diarrhea
Sticky Volumnious and bad smelling stools
pancreas insufficiency with gut flora disturbances.
Hello and welcome to Ask A Doctor service.
I have read your query and here is my advise.
* As per my surgical experience, the diarrhea of 6 months duration with bulky pancreas
on MRI and ultrasound suggest possible pancreatic enzyme insufficiency with intestine
Kindly provide me further details so that I can answer your query completely.
1. Is there associated pain in abdomen, vomiting ?
2. Frequency of motions per day ?
3. Current medication details if any.
4. History of diabetes, lipid disorder or other medical problems ?
5. Had there been any work up for enzymes of pancreas, stool microscopy at the lab ?
If available and possible, please provide reports as an attachment.
Awaiting for your response.
1. Abdominal pain some time but tenderness always. No vomiting only nausea.
2. 4-5 times a day
3. Rifaximin 400, Mabevarine
4. Yes lipid disorder was there. Prediabetes also.
5. Stool Culture, FOBT done both negative. No stool test related to pancreas taken place. However Serum Amalyse is at 105 and serum lipase is 12.
Kindly suggest accordingly.
absorption defect. intestine biopsy is mandatory.
Thanks for the follow up with relevant details.
* There can be possible issue with intestine flora via absorption defect which may be
related to various possible causes, intestine hyper motility with IBS or others.
* In my practice, I recommend small bowel biopsy of any suspicious hyperemic region to
reveal the tissue diagnosis ( as glandular structure, alteration in any wall layer of the
intestine ) and further management accordingly.
* Till the period you discuss the issue with your consultant gastroenterologist, my advise
- Maintain hydration with plenty of liquids.
- Prefer bland, vegan diet till possible.
- Avoid milk, dairy products, non veg, spices, junk foods.
- Avoid stress, anxiety.
- Avoid smoking or alcohol if consuming.
- Try to manage sound regular sleep of 7-8 hours.
- Meditations and deep breathing exercises will help tremendously over period of time.
- Keep blood sugar, blood cholesterol, body weight under control with regular walking
- Addition of pro biotics as lacto bacillus and pre biotics in the medicine basket will help
Would like to discuss further doubts at any point of time.
Wish you best recovery.