Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
167 Doctors are Online

I am suffering from allergy from temperature variation and dust

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

ENT Specialist
Practicing since : 1998
Answered : 784 Questions
Dear Sir, From the past 3 years, I am suffering from allergy from temperature variation and dust. For a moment everything is allright and very next moment, I started to sneeze followed by continuous flow of water from my nose ( I am not sure what you call it medically). Most of the nights when I go to bed, one of my nostril is almost chocked and I have to breathe with one nostril only. Please suggest some remedial measures.
Posted Sun, 23 Mar 2014 in Asthma and Allergy
Answered by Dr. Prahlad Duggal 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Intranasal sprays are the most commonly used drugs Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for the query. You seem to be having Allergic rhinitis. Allergic rhinitis is due to reaction of the body to the allergens around us. Sneezing, watery discharge from nose and itching are the three major symptoms of allergic rhinitis. Nasal obstruction unilateral or bilateral is usually due to swollen mucosal lining of turbinates in nose (hypertrophy) which may be occasional or permanent. Most effective and safe treatment which can be used for long term is the use of nasal sprays with two groups of drugs being used. One is intra nasal steroid sprays (Fluticasone is the most commonly used) and the other is anti-allergic sprays like Azelastine sprays. These help in keeping the symptoms under check and resolve most of the symptoms. Please consult an ENT and he/she can prescribe you the required sprays. Use of oral anti allergic tablets is sometimes required but sedation is a side effect. Avoidance of exposure to allergens is recommended. Feel free to ask another query. Regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Allergist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor