Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
188 Doctors are Online

I am smoker. Feeling like punched and bruise between shoulder blades. What to do?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Internal Medicine Specialist
Practicing since : 2001
Answered : 2272 Questions
I am a smoker and am afraid I have something serious. My back feels bruised and between my shoulder blades, to the left side, I feel like I was punched. It also feels like there is a tight knot on left, also. I am not sure what to do, and am so scared I have not smoked today. I am alsomworried about finances and would like to know the most direct thing I can do to discover if there is a major problem.
Posted Tue, 23 Oct 2012 in Smoking and Alcohol Addiction
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 19 minutes later
Welcome to Healthcare Magic!
Stopping smoking for a day is not going to bring a great news!
You should continue without smoking from now onwards to make a sense.
The symptoms you have, may be due to cancer or something else or might be just related to your concern of cancer fear and anxiety.
The most straight forward thing would be to get examined by a physician and get a Chest Xray done to get the simplest and quite efficient input for a meagre price.
And plan the further things accordingly.
I hope the advise would be helpful for you.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Addiction Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor