I am postmenopausal and I have: hot flashes, thinning eyebrows,
I am currently taking medication: lipator, levothroxine, Venafaxine, losartan, metoprolol.
About menopause treatment;
Hello and thank you for asking!
I have gone carefully through your concern.
Having taken consideration of your age, I suppose you are at least ten years in menopause and if the symptoms persist since that period, yes they may be attributed to menopause. if they are recently installed, another cause should be tried to find out.
The hormonal replacement therapy for menopause is the most efficient one and usually, we recommend it for the first 5 years of menopause. Starting it now may cause serious side effects.
You mentioned also that you are taking levothyroxine.
If you didn't check the TSH recently, I would suggest to do it, as your symptoms may be due to thyroid hormonal imbalance.
Hope the information will help.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes blurred vision, digestive issues and dizziness when...
- What causes weight gain and heat intolerance while on Synthroid,...
- Suggest treatment for weight gain when diagnosed with adrenal fatigue
- What causes hyperthyroidism?
- What are the side effects of long term intake of Aspirin?
- What do anxiety and palpitations and TSH level of 3.0 indicate?
- Suggest the ideal dosage for vitamin D supplement
- What causes increased weight gain with abdominal pain?
- Suggest treatment for insomnia and dizziness in a hypertensive person
- What are the possible effects of switching from Humalog to Novolog?