I am on Metoprolol HCT 50/25mg/day. My son is applying

Dr. Ilir Sharka

Cardiologist

Posted on Tue, 20 Mar 2018 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: Brief Answer:
I would explain as follows:

Detailed Answer:
Hello!

Welcome and thank you for asking on HCM!

I passed carefully through your question and would explain this dose if Metopolol HCT is really small and will not influence in his stress test.

So, just relax and don't worry about it!

It seems that his blood pressure values could be related to anxiety and psychological stress.

For this reason, I would recommend reducing salt and caffeine intake and performing a lot of physical activity (Yoga, aerobics, recreational sports, etc.).

Hope you will find this answer helpful!

Wishing all the best,

Dr. Iliri
Follow up: Dr. Ilir Sharka 0 minute later
I am on Metoprolol HCT 50/25mg/day.

My son is applying for a job and he must pass 100%. His BP has been running high and he took 1/4 of one of my BP meds 3 hours ago. Now his BP is even higher. Since this is a small dose will it wear off? He has a stress test and a ECG tomorrow. He is 34, fit and has passed every other test. What would you recommend?