I am on Labetalol 200 daily, Olmesartan 40 daily and
Very difficult to make recommendations due to so many medicines.
You are already on the best possible medicines for your high blood pressure.
Clonidine is the last drug used to bring down the blood pressure when all others are not making it come down adequately.
You have been given the best possible medicines and are in need of clonidine.
My suggestions would be to change Olmesartan to Telmisartan twice a day, continue clonidine, continue Labetalol, add a calcium channel blocker with chlorthiazide.
Your case is not very easy to manage owing to the fact that despite so many medicines, the blood pressure is not yet under good control.
This is mainly due to stress, and anxiety.
So, addition of an anxiolytic medicine is very likely to help you.
Please discuss with your cardiologist as well as your psychiatrist.
Hope this answers at least part of your query, if you need any clarifications, you most welcome to discuss with me.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Abdominal pain, history of gall bladder disease. Overnight treatments?
- Bleeding from a razor cut. HIV infection chances?
- Had craniotomy done after accident. Can I masturbate now?
- Pregnant via IVF, second pregnancy. Problems with vaginal delivery?...
- How much does liver cancer surgery cost in Canada? Will Health Canada...
- Sore throat, abdominal pain. Blood work and strep test good. Had bowel...
- 3 week old baby, cries while passing urine, holds body tight while...
- Persistent red and pink urine, stressed. Serious?
- White discharge from surgery wound, pus from the internal stitches....
- What steps to take to lessen plaque in arteries and lower chances of...