I am not sure what diagnoses I have but here

Dr. Kakkar S.

Dermatologist

Posted on Sat, 19 Jan 2019 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: I am not sure what diagnoses I have but here it goes:
I sleep only 4 hours a night, I am not that tired but am pushing myself. On my inner thigh I have blisters and a rash. I also show some reddish blood looking rash on my upper top of my bottom. It hurts alot.
My hands, I found out by a private doctor
That I have eczema all over my hands. She gave me epiCeram controlled release skin
barrier emulsion, but it is not much help.
I put XXXXXXX oil and deep rosehip oil on and
It won't clear up. The medications I use
are abilify, antibiotics for my teeth, cogention,
atavain for calmness so I can sleep, I also have some fractures on my arms. I am falling
apart. What is wrong with me and what can I do to resolve the matter? Thank you, Karen!
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Kindly upload images

Detailed Answer:
Hello and welcome to ask a doctor service..I have reviewed your query.

I request you to kindly upload a few images of the affected area of inner thigh and buttocks in " reports section " so that I am able to have a look and guide you accordingly.

take care
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Follow up: Dr. Kakkar S. 4 hours later
I went to an eternalist doctor and he said I have
Herpes zoster. Thank you for your help.
I also have dermatitis what would you recommend
Do creams and oil to use?
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 7 hours later
Brief Answer:
Herpes zoster (Shingles).

Detailed Answer:
Hi.

Even I was thinking about the possibility of herpes zoster. I would suggest oral valacyclovir 1000mg, thrice daily for a week. You may use an otc topical antibiotic e.g either Neosporin ointment or Mupirocin ointment, twice daily. In addition I also suggest you to take an otc painkiller e.g either ibuprofen or diclofenac for symptomatic pain relief.

take care
Let me know if you need any more assistance
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana
Follow up: Dr. Kakkar S. 7 hours later
I am not feeling so bad after one day. I ordered the new medications over the counter and I will send the email to you in the results. WillI always have the marks on my skin? It is kind of irritating and embarrassing.
My follow-up is with you, my new dermatologist, and
My primary care doctor. Thank you!
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Regarding shingles

Detailed Answer:
Hi again,

Shingles can be followed by Neuralgia like burning, stinging, shooting pain which may persist for weeks or months after shingles have healed (Post Herpetic Neuralgia). This is the most bothersome complication of shingles.

Apart from that, there can be post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation (increased skin darkening) but scarring is rare in shingles.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee