Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
131 Doctors are Online

I am not having the interest or urge to have sex. What should I do?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2003
Answered : 304 Questions
I am not having the interest or urge to have sex with my wife.
but I have keen interest to have sex with other women. I watch pretty woman and fantasies but never did any inter-course. my this problem is becoming a major issue in my family life.
Posted Thu, 11 Oct 2012 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Answered by Dr. Rohit Batra 4 hours later

Thanks for your query.

It is common for husbands to go through this phase in life especially after a few years of marriage and also if they don't find their wife attractive.
The condition is not a disease; but a behavioural problem. Hence it has nothing to do with your body but is related to your thought process.

I would suggest you to go for a counselling session and come out with this phase as it can be a really frustrating at times.

Hope this answers your query. Let me know if you have any other concerns.

Dr.Rohit Batra
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Sexual Diseases

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor