Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
148 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

I am male, 38 years old, I have a lump

Answered by
Dr. Hari Charan Perigela

General Surgeon

Practicing since :1995

Answered : 2524 Questions

Posted on Thu, 14 Mar 2019 in Lump
Question: I am male, 38 years old, I have a lump just outside my anus, about size of a pea, skin colored, no brusing, hard ish but not solid, gotten a little bigger, using anusol as figure its haemerroids but to be honest I am massively worried I have cancer. Not register with GP as moved and forgot to register.
Answered by Dr. Hari Charan Perigela 19 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You should consult a General Surgeon

Detailed Answer:
As per your description,it looks like a Haemorrhoid.There are two types.One is External haemorrhoid and the other is Internal.
If you are suspicious of Cancer,it can be excluded by histopathological examination (Biopsy) only.
So, please consult your General Surgeon,get examined clinically and proceed further.
Get it removed even it is a haemorrhoid.
Take high fiber diet.Avoid spicy food, Alcohol,Non Vegetarian diet.
Drink plenty of liquids.
Nothing to worry
Hope I answered your query.If you have any questions,I will clarify further.
Wish you good health
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on