I am loosing my balance, my ability to complete simple
more than one specialist would be needed
HI, thanks for using healthcare magic
I am sorry that you having these difficulties.
More than one specialist may be needed.
A psychiatrist would be able to assess activities of daily living but so would an occupational therapist, but the psychiatrist would have the added benefit of determining if mental impact of the changes or influence of any cognitive or emotional issues on your ability to function. He or she would also be able to look at assessing you for the PTSD mentioned.
In addition to a psychiatrist or occupational therapist, a neurologist would also be needed to assess balance and may also be able to assess the back pain and the effect of the changes of the back on the nerves in that area.
I hope this helps, feel free to ask any other questions
Thank you Dr. XXXXXXX
not directly but can have an indirect effect
Back pain/disability or any severe pain would not affect the ability to think and reason directly but it can affect mood, causing or worsening depressed mood or anxiety which may then affect cognition and reasoning
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Can Hydroxyzine be taken for urinary tract and bladder infections?
- What causes black colored stool?
- What causes dizziness in an elderly person post suffering a concussion?
- What does severe atrophy in a MRI report indicate?
- What causes electric shock like sensation in the arms radiating to the...
- Suggest treatment for swollen lymph nodes and fever in a child
- What does resting heart beat of 52 indicate?
- What causes diarrhea and upper right abdominal pain?
- Is Oxycodone 10/325 different from Oxycodone 114?
- Can Antabuse cause dizziness?