question-icon

I am in major pain under my right breast/ rib

Posted on Sat, 23 Jun 2018
Question: I am in major pain under my right breast/ rib area

What is this?

Answered by Dr. Olgeta Xhufka (2 hours later)
Brief Answer:
Right upper abdominal quadratum pain causes.

Detailed Answer:
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.
There are several causes of right under rib cage , under right breast sharp pain.
it may come from gallbladder due to cholecistitis or choledococolelithiasis. It is inflammation or stones in gallbladder.
It can last for several hours , after a large meal, accompanied by nausea ,vomiting, fever, chills and dark urine, white feces.
Also pancreatitis can give this type of pain accompanied by fever , nausea and vomiting.
Also kidney stones can cause sharp pain , that radiates back and down. It is accompanied by fever, burning during urination, blood in urine.
Also gastroduodenal ulceras and gastritis.
The treatment differs according to the cause.
If it doesn't subsides you should go to ER , cant wait for normal doctor appointment.
Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng
Dr. Olgeta Xhufka