question-icon

I am having pain my left ear from last couple

Posted on Sun, 16 Sep 2018
Question: I am having pain my left ear from last couple of days
Answered by Dr. Rajat Basak (22 hours later)
Brief Answer:
Don't put any oil in ear. You need to consult an ENT surgeon and get examined.

Detailed Answer:
Hello Mr XXXXXXX

Welcome to Ask A Doctor service.

Don't put any oil in ear. You need to consult ENT doctor to examine the ear and find out why you have pain, it is not possible to come to a diagnosis without actually looking inside the ear.

If you are not having any discharge, difficulty in hearing, trauma, any cold then it's fine.

You may take antiallergic tablet. After consulting doctor you may need to start ear drop, painkiller, nasal spray, antibiotic tablet for a small time.

Please examine your oral cavity, Jaw joint, teeth also as it can also cause pain.

I hope this information will be useful to you.

Wishing you speedy recovery.

Best regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Dr. Rajat Basak

ENT Specialist