I am having pain in my urethra , lower stomach

Dr. P. T. Patil

Urologist

Posted on Tue, 19 Feb 2019 in General Health
Question: I am having pain in my urethra, lower stomach and both sides of my lower back. I feel the urgency to urinate, but when I actually try to, the output is very little.

This problem just came on quickly this afternoon.

I have had multiple UTI's due to lower immune system, but this problem seems different. I usually do not have any pain or urgency. (Low immune system due to IV drug). I'll be starting IVIG treatments in about a month.
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 43 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Needs to be investigated

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for query .
Based on the facts that you have posted pain in urethra,lower abdomen and urgency for urination that you have could be mostly due to Trigonitis ( Inflammation of Trigonal area of bladder mucosa)

Consult qualified Urologist for clinical examination and get following basic tests done to confirm the diagnosis.
1) Urine routine and culture.
2) Ultrasound scanning of abdomen and pelvis

.Further treatment will depend upon result of these tests and final diagnosis.

In the meanwhile start taking broad spectrum antibiotics like Cefixime along with urinary antiseptic like Nitrofurantoin twice daily with urinary anti spasmodics like Flavoxate or Oxybutinine and urine alkaliser thrice daily.Later on switch on to appropriate antibiotics as per culture report.

Get the prescription of medicines from your family Physician.

Ensure to drink more water to keep urine dilute This will help to control dysuria.

Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions,I shall be happy to help you
Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.