I am having hernia surgery tomorrow. The hospital just called

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Feb 2018
Feb 2018

General Surgeon
Question
I am having hernia surgery tomorrow. The hospital just called me and told me I have T-Wave abnormality consider inferior ischemia. I have no primary care doctor. She related that she will talk to the surgeon. I am a 44 year old male. A firefighter in XXXXXXX for 21 years. I am 5'8 305 pounds. Is this bad
Tue, 6 Feb 2018 in Lump

Answered by Dr. T Chandrakant 42 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Needs proper evaluation and investigations

Detailed Answer:
Hi.
Noted the history and understood your concerns.
Hernia is a planned surgery that is not an urgent one unless obstructed.
T - wave abnormality in EKG must be evaluated well before any surgery particularly a planned one.
This may not be bad but needs a proper cardiological evaluation and investigations and then only should the surgery be done to avoid any complications as anesthesia and surgery both create a stress and trauma hence the patient should be reasonably fit.
Better be sure.

I hope this answer helps you.
Please feel free to ask for further relevant queries if you feel that there is a gap of communication.