I am having feeling of moving in my head like

Dr. Sudhir Kumar

Neurologist

Posted on Fri, 28 Dec 2018 in Headache and Migraines
Question: I am having feeling of moving in my head like pendalam.When I am working it becomes worse. Neurologist diagnosed it as vertigo.
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 13 hours later
Brief Answer:
You need further evaluation to identify the cause of vertigo.

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for posting your query.

I am Dr Sudhir Kumar, Neurologist, and I would try my best to help you.

I have noted your clinical details. Based on this, a diagnosis of vertigo has been made. Now, the next step is to identify the underlying cause of vertigo. The most common cause of vertigo is BPPV (benign paroxysmal positional vertigo), which is due to a minor problem in ear. The other cause can be related to brain.

In most cases, symptoms get better with betahistine (vertin) tablets in a few days.

I hope my answer helps. Please get back if you have any follow up queries or if you require any additional information.

Wishing you good health,

Dr Sudhir Kumar MD (Internal Medicine), DM (Neurology) XXXXXXX Consultant Neurologist
Apollo Hospitals, XXXXXXX XXXXXXX
Click on this link to ask me a DIRECT QUERY: http://bit.ly/Dr-Sudhir-kumar
My BLOG: http://bestneurodoctor.blogspot.in

Follow up: Dr. Sudhir Kumar 11 hours later
Sir I have been taking betastine for 12 days.Still I am suffering from this disease.I did my ct scan in 2013 due to headache.That was normal.Is it necessary to do that for second time now.How many days this vertigo take to cure?
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 11 hours later
Brief Answer:
You need further evaluation.

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for getting back with more details.

As the symptoms are persisting, you need detailed further evaluation. You should see an ENT doctor as well as a neurologist.

CT scan is not thorough for brain related diseases. If needed, you should get a detailed MRI scan of brain.

Best wishes,

Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM (Neurology)