I am having fasting sugar in range of 135 to

Dr. Kampana

Posted on Wed, 13 Feb 2019 in Internal Doctor Category
Question: I am having fasting sugar in range of 135 to 150 and post meal 170 to 185 from last 2 years. i have started taking himalaya Diabecon 1 tab two times from 15 days. started 10K from 10 days. but visible decreases in sugar level. I am doing desk XXXXXXX Height 5-11 and weight 92 kg. Recommend something for weight loss.
Answered by Dr. Kampana 15 minutes later
Brief Answer:
As explained below.

Detailed Answer:
Hello, and welcome to "Ask A Doctor".

We require more information to make personalized diet plan for you, like your eating habits and food preferences. You may log into "Active Health App" and raise a diet request by filling the diet request form. Our dietitians on the panel will answer the same in detail.

You may contact our customer care Team at 080-0000, in case if you need any assistance.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana
Follow up: Dr. Kampana 11 minutes later
should I change medication from himalaya Diabecon to others
Answered by Dr. Kampana 7 minutes later
Brief Answer:
As explained below.

Detailed Answer:

If you are seeing reduction in your blood sugar levels then you can continue Himalaya Diabecon. We usually do not start on oral hypoglycemic medications for blood sugar levels below 200 mg/dL. Diet and exercise is the first line of treatment. For a detailed diet chart you can log on to our 'Active Health App'.

I hope this helps. Please feel free to discuss further.