I am having an issue with an itching coming from

Dr. Dorina Gurabardhi

Posted on Sun, 17 Feb 2019 in General Health
Question: I am having an issue with an itching coming from the inside of my penis at the end of it as well as a burning sensation when I urinate? I don't want to go to my physician cause I'm embarrassed. I am not promiscuous nor is my wife and happily married. The last time we were sexually active was about 2 1/2 weeks ago and since then, I have felt this? I just thought it may go away as I have now started a diet and thought it could something such as that? I was taken various older scripts we've had left over and has not helped any? There is no drainage, but very itchy at times in that area only? What could it be? And, can you help me?
Answered by Dr. Dorina Gurabardhi 58 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Probably an urinary tract infection,follow the advice below.

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear and welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

Your symptoms seem to be related to an urinary tract infection.

It is an infection of the urethra which is characterized by a burning sensation while urination.

I would recommend to do a urinalysis to confirm the cause.

The primary cause is a bacterial infection, so antibiotics may be needed.

If the diagnosis is confirmed I would recommend using Ciprofloxacin 500 mg twice a day for five days.

This is a prescribed medication so you should consult your doctor before the treatment.

I recommend taking vitamin C supplements.

I also recommend drinking liquids and especially cranberry juice.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Follow up: Dr. Dorina Gurabardhi 3 hours later
Is there any way I can have something prescribed to me from you? Then I wouldn’t have the embarrassment of going in to my physician? Small town, don’t anyone jumping to conclusions?
Answered by Dr. Dorina Gurabardhi 7 hours later
Brief Answer:
We can not give online prescription in this platform, I am sorry.

Detailed Answer:
Hi again dear,

Unfortunately, we are not allowed to give online prescription in this platform.

I am sorry that I can not help you at this point.

I recommend to do the examination suggested above so you can take the right medication.

Take care dear,

Dr.Dorina Gurabardhi
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana