I am having an issue with an itching coming from
Probably an urinary tract infection,follow the advice below.
Hello dear and welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.
Your symptoms seem to be related to an urinary tract infection.
It is an infection of the urethra which is characterized by a burning sensation while urination.
I would recommend to do a urinalysis to confirm the cause.
The primary cause is a bacterial infection, so antibiotics may be needed.
If the diagnosis is confirmed I would recommend using Ciprofloxacin 500 mg twice a day for five days.
This is a prescribed medication so you should consult your doctor before the treatment.
I recommend taking vitamin C supplements.
I also recommend drinking liquids and especially cranberry juice.
Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.
We can not give online prescription in this platform, I am sorry.
Hi again dear,
Unfortunately, we are not allowed to give online prescription in this platform.
I am sorry that I can not help you at this point.
I recommend to do the examination suggested above so you can take the right medication.
Take care dear,
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What is the cause of excessive sweating resulting in the feeling of been...
- What can cause itching and welts on the upper abdomen?
- How to treat itching of the skin with small scabs on hands and arms?
- What type of exercises are advisable for a patient with high blood...
- What causes severe pelvic pain after engaging in sexual intercourse?
- Can Simvastatin cause side-effects after being on it for 4 years?
- What do abdominal pain with difficulty urinating indicate?
- Does mold causes heart palpitation and hot flashes?
- Can Ketamine help treat chronic depression in an elderly person?
- How can itchy rashes on the stomach be treated despite using Lotrix lotion?