I am having Vitamin B12 as 138(Normal range is 180
Can you please suggest a vitamin?
B12 supplements can be taken
Welcome to Ask A Doctor service.
I have read your question and here is my advice.
Yes the value you mentioned is low. There are a number of over the counter b complex vitamins available that you may use. These include nuerobion, cobalmin, nueromet and few more B complex formulations. You may use either of them. If taken orally, it should be taken in high amount like up to 2000 to 3000 micrograms a day. Vit b12 is also available as intramuscular injection which may be very effective.
However while it's important to take the vitamins, it's also important to look for the cause of Vit B12 deficiencies. It's not very common to have b 12 deficiencies so we need to look for the cause. Causes may be poor diet, certain drugs, or malabsorption syndromes, but that would need proper assessment. So you may talk to your doctor.
Hope I have answered your query. Please feel free to ask if you have any further questions or concerns.
Kind Regards Dr Mahboob ur Rahman
Please provide a particular Vitamin name which I can have.
Please see detailed answer below.
Hi, thanks for writing back to us.
You can use tab cobal, or. Cobalmin. M three times a day after meals.
Feel free to ask if you have any concern.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Hello. In Mid-May I spent two weeks traveling in a
- I have severe insomnia . so I have taken 2
- Hello, I am trying to find how to complete sentences
- awakened dizzy this morning with a cold sweat. took my
- Would 250 mg daily of magnesium have adverse effect on
- I have been having a feeling of something moving up
- I received my MRI and MRA of both brain and
- at what low dose of predisone does your adernal glands
- blood test results how high is it when you are
- Ulcer pain keeps me from sleeping. Can I take Tylenol