Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
182 Doctors are Online

I am getting smell of stale tobacco smoke. Why am I getting this feeling?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2009
Answered : 983 Questions
I keep smelling the smell of stale tobacco smoke although nobody smokes a pipe in the house. My dad smoked a pipe when i lived there about 20 years ago
Posted Fri, 3 Aug 2012 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Aparna Kohli 3 hours later
Thanks for writing in.
At this point, I am assuming that apart from this, there are no symptoms that you are currently experiencing. Please let me know if I am wrong.
Occasional such symptoms would be caused by a simple respiratory infection which would take care of itself in few days. However, it can also be suggestive of something more serious like temporal lobe seizures, sinusitis, brain tumors, migraine, Parkinson's disease and stroke.
At this juncture, if your symptoms persist, I would request you to get an Electroencephalogram and a MRI of the brain. We need to rule out the above mentioned conditions as we dont really want to be missing any of these.
Please see your physician,
Hope this helps
Let me know if you have any more questions
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an ENT Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor