I am experiencing tingling on the left side of my
If no other symptoms usually benign.
I read your question carefully and I understand your concern.
Naturally, the main concern, when there are balance issues combined with sensation changes, is that of a brain lesion like stroke, tumour, infections etc.
However in such cases, it is unlikely for these symptoms to be the only manifestation, usually in brain lesions in balance areas there are other manifestations such as headaches, vomiting, double vision, vision loss, movement coordination difficulties, weakness of the face or limb muscles etc.
Sensation changes also usually in the form of loss of sensation not abnormal sensations such as tingling. So in the absence of such symptoms, there is no reason for alarm.
What could it actually be... first I would check for blood pressure issues. Then I would consider some routine blood test to screen for infections, diabetes, liver and kidney function as well as electrolyte abnormalities which can cause such symptoms. Only if these result normal and symptoms persist for over a few weeks would I consider brain imaging to exclude completely brain lesions. Of course, if new symptoms appear then it may be needed earlier.
From everyday practice, many patients turn out normal tests and commonly it is related to stress.
Let me know if you have other questions or if new symptoms appear.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes microvascular ischemic disease?
- Suggest treatment for severe headaches
- Can Lipitor cause brain damage?
- What causes severe migraine while on Cymbalta and Xanax?
- What are the signs and symptoms of brain aneurysm?
- What does intense pain in the temple suggest?
- What causes intense fatigue, tingling sensation in the feet and leg pain?
- What causes agitation and inappropriate sexual behavior while having...
- Suggest remedies for muscle pain, dizziness and constipation when...
- Can stress cause cyanotic discoloration on the extremities?