I am experiencing pressure in my bladder, particularly when standing,
Probably cystitis, follow the advice below.
Hello dear and welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service.
I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.
I understand your concern.
The most common cause of bladder pressure is urinary tract infection or cystitis.
I recommend to do a complete blood count and a urine test to confirm the diagnosis.
Meanwhile, I suggest to continue using AZO for temporary relief three tablets a day.
I also recommend to drink liquids and especially cranberry juice.
If the diagnosis is confirmed I suggest to take prescription antibiotics such as Ciprofloxacine 500 mg twice a day.
This medication is taken for five days on prescription.
You should consult your doctor before taking it.
Hope I have answered your query.
Let me know if I can assist you further.
Follow up consultation
Hi again dear,
If the leukocytes are positive in the urine test the treatment consists of antibiotics.
Antibiotics' prescriptions are beyond the scope of online medical consultation.
In my daily practice, I suggest using Ciprofloxacin 500 mg twice a day for five days.
Please consult your doctor about the prescription.
Hope my answer was helpful.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What is the cause of excessive sweating resulting in the feeling of been...
- What can cause itching and welts on the upper abdomen?
- How to treat itching of the skin with small scabs on hands and arms?
- What type of exercises are advisable for a patient with high blood...
- What causes severe pelvic pain after engaging in sexual intercourse?
- Can Simvastatin cause side-effects after being on it for 4 years?
- What do abdominal pain with difficulty urinating indicate?
- Does mold causes heart palpitation and hot flashes?
- Can Ketamine help treat chronic depression in an elderly person?
- How can itchy rashes on the stomach be treated despite using Lotrix lotion?