question-icon

I am experiencing PMS like cramps in my uterus since

Posted on Tue, 26 Feb 2019
Question: I am experiencing PMS like cramps in my uterus since last 2 weeks. My period is delayed by a week. I also experience low energy and fever during the day. Could these be signs of pregnancy? should I take a test?
Answered by Dr. Richa Agarwal (1 hour later)
Brief Answer:
You can go for home urine pregnancy test to rule out the possibility of pre

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear,
Thanks for trusting us about your healthcare.
I have gone through your history and understand your concern.
You have these symptoms, it could be due to hormonal imbalance caused by starting of your menses or simple viral infection.
But as you missed your period by 7days, you can go for home urine pregnancy test to rule out the possibility of pregnancy.
If your pregnancy test is negative, it could be starting of your menses.
Hope found useful, feel free to ask more information.
Good luck
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Dr. Richa Agarwal

OBGYN