Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
173 Doctors are Online

I am diagnosed with fatty liver grade II. What does the report says?

Jan 2013
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Internal Medicine Specialist
Practicing since : 2003
Answered : 1658 Questions
Hi, I have diagnosed fatty liver grade II in the month of may 2012. At that time results in my LFTest were as follows- ALP- 107.9, BIli (T) - 0.82, SGOT- 59, SGPT- 113, GGT- 36, Albumin- 4.75, Protein- 7.2.
result of my todays LFT is
SGPT- 60, SGOT-30, Bili- 0.7, protein- 9.0 and ALP- 190
please help me
Posted Mon, 8 Oct 2012 in Liver and Gall Bladder
Answered by Dr. Mayank Bhargava 1 hour later
Thanks for posting your query.
Are you a alcohol intaker?
Do you have yellow discoloration of eyes & urine/ itching in body/ fever/ abdominal pain/ swelling in feet and distension of abdomen?
Your all blood reports may be due to fatty liver or some other pathology, which is affecting your liver.
In hypothyroidism, patient may be obese with fatty liver.
You should consult with physician and endocrinologist and should take proper treatment of hypothyroidism.
You should also restrict your dietary habits with limited amount of oily diet.
You should also perform increased physical activity.
You should consult with physician/ gastro-physician and should also go for following investigations: complete blood count, Australia antigen (HbsAg), HCV, serum cerruloplasmin, iron profile for rule out other cause of LFT derangements.
You should also go for liver biopsy.
You should take ursodeoxycholic acid, vitamin E with atorvastatin for fatty liver.
Untreated fatty liver may lead to XXXXXXX with development of cirrhosis, so you should be cautious regarding fatty liver.
Put your query if you have.
Get well soon,
Dr. Mayank Bhargava
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Gastroenterologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor