I am diabetic. Having loose stools, noticed yellow capsule looking objects in stool. What are they?
Thanks for the query.
The colour and consistency of stool one has depends grossly on the type of food consumed. A stool examination would be required to understand what is passed in the stools.
With the details provided, since you have an associated obesity and diabetes, my close possibility is a fat globule. As fat doesn't dissolve in water it would float in it. So if your stool / yellow looking capsule floats in water, this possibility can be confirmed.
Hope this answers your query. Should you have any doubts, let me know. I will be glad to clarify.
If this globules float in water, it is usually a fat globule.
Fat globule is remnants of unabsorbed lipids in the feces. Undigested lipids as they pass through the intestine due to actions of intestinal movement become globular and excreted through feces. It is not concerning when it occurs only for a short while without abdominal pain or diarrhea.
It is formed due to
- Excess lipid (fat / oil) in the diet
- If there is reduced absorption of lipid through the intestine
- Orlistat - a drug used in weight reduction
- gall stones
- Loss of normal intestinal flora
- Pancreatic enzyme insufficiency and other pancreatic disorders
Hope I have answered your queries. Let me know if you need any more information.
If all your queries are answered, please close this discussion.
Wish you good health
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Vomiting cellulitis loose stools diabetes what is causing diarrhea
- Vizylac capsule and soft stool
- White capsules in stool
- Yellow waterey stool and diabetes
- What effect will ocid capsules have on stool colour
- Fluid filled capsules in stool
- Colace stool softener capsules
- Loose stools in diabetics
- Diabetes and yellow stool
- Loose stools diabetic diet